What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a piece of Legislation issued by the European Commission which set forth guidelines for companies and entities to comply with to assure Personal Data Security and Privacy.
GDPR went in effect on 25 May 2018. Significant and wide-reaching in scope, it expanded the rights of individuals to control how their personal data is collected and processed. GDPR placed a range of new obligations on organizations to be more accountable for data protection.
Who must comply?
- GDPR applies to any entity or company, independent of its geographical location, as long as it collects, accesses, stores, processes or shares Personal Data from Data subjects who reside in the European Union (being citizens, expats or visitors)
- Impact of non-compliance and reputational risk:
- Penalties maximum up to 4% of annual worldwide turnover or €20 million
- Legal Risk
AMS Experts Services for GDPR:
- IT Landscape Audit and Consulting
- Processes Audit and Consulting
- Partner contracts Audit and Consulting
- DPO (Data Protection Officer) support, as required by law towards non-EU based companies. Read more on our DPO services
- Expert Legal advice on GDPR (this does not collide with your current support, it is a legal, complementary expertise offering, which must be aligned with your corporate legal support
For more information, contact AMS Experts’ GDPR Support