What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a piece of Legislation issued by the European Commission aiming at setting forth guidelines which companies and entities must observe while assuring Personal Data Security and Privacy.
GDPR went in effect on 25 May 2018. Significant and wide-reaching in scope, expands the rights of individuals to control how their personal data is collected and processed, and places a range of new obligations on organizations to be more accountable for data protection.
Who must comply?
- GDPR applies to any entity or company independently of its geographical location as long as it collects, accesses, stores, processes or shares Personal Data from Data subjects who reside in the European Union (being citizens, expats or visitors)
- Impact of non-compliance:
- Penalty of maximum 4% of annual worldwide turnover or €20 million
- Legal Risk
AMS Experts Services for GDPR:
- IT Landscape Audit and Consulting
- Processes Audit and Consulting
- Partner contracts Audit and Consulting
- DPO (Data Protection Officer) support, as required by law towards non-EU based companies. Read more on our DPO services
- Expert Legal advice on GDPR (this does not collide with your current lawyers’ support, it is, in fact, a complementary expertise offering, which must be aligned with your corporate legal support
For more information, contact AMS Experts’ GDPR Support